Anyone can connect with their audience through blogging and enjoy the myriad benefits that blogging provides: organic traffic from search engines, promotional content for social media, and recognition from a new audience you haven’t tapped into yet. If you’ve heard about blogging but are a beginner and don’t know where to start, the time for excuses is over. Not only can you create an SEO-friendly blog, but we’ll cover how to write and manage your business’s blog as well as provide helpful templates to simplify your blogging efforts.
What better way to draw inspiration than to look at your well-established competition?
It’s worth taking a look at popular, highly-reviewed blogs because their strategy and execution are what got them to grow in credibility. The purpose of doing this isn’t to copy these elements, but to gain better insight into what readers appreciate in a quality blog.
Before you write anything, pick a topic you’d like to write about. The topic can be pretty general to start as you find your desired niche is blogging.
Some ways to choose topics to cover include asking yourself questions like:
- Who do I want to write to?
- How well do I understand this topic?
- Is this topic relevant?
What perspective do you bring that makes you stand out from the crowd?
- What unique experience makes you a trusted expert or thought leader on the topic?
- What problem will you solve for readers?
- Will you share your opinions on trending debates?
- Teach your readers how to do something.
- Compare or share original research?